Laptop (cell phone) in my pocket?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Wed Jul 8 07:31:35 MST 2009

Ok.....I have to add to the fun...My "first computer" was a teletype machine
that dialed into a CDC (?) mainframe somewhere. No punch cards, just a paper
tape about 2" wide. The only language was Basic. Make a typo, and you had to
start all over again from the beginning.

My first significant program (outside of homework) was a computer dating
service in high school - made a lot of money for the sophomore class. Ok,
after all these years I will confess the truth - the program couldn't run
because we ran out of memory on the mainframe - too much data and we
actually crashed the mainframe at one point. The principal got a phone call
and asked me what the heck was going on. So I had to match everyone by hand.
Everyone got their current boy friend/girl friend, so the program was a huge
success! Those not already dating actually had fun on their "blind date".

Mark