Ooops, need a one liner!

James Finstrom jfinstrom at rhinoequipment.com
Fri Jul 3 14:41:24 MST 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Ryan Rix <phrkonaleash at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I recently recovered about 20gb of ogg music off of my old laptop (or
> rather,
> a backup of it existing on my dad's computer) and decided to merge it with
> my
> current collection, which is about 90% mp3. I didn't think before I merged
> them, but I ended up creating about 20 albums where the tracks exist in
> both
> OGG and MP3. Also, it appears that MANY of the tags on the ogg music are
> absolutely cooked (or amarok's database is)
>
> So, does anyone know a way that I can take bash and tell it to:
>
> Find all the ogg files in ~/music, move them, while creating the same
> directory structure, under ~/ogg-music ?
>
> I'd use amarok's organize files utility, but it dies horridly on this many
> files.
>
> (I'll be out all day, and perhaps all weekend, so pardon me if I don't
> immediately reply.)
>
> Ryan

when I did this I used muzicbrainz picasa to ensure all my music was tagged,
then i used the class from http://getid3.sourceforge.net/ to read each file
then move it to  ~/Music/Artist/Artist-Song.ext  I googles a few hours for
something that would do this and in the end had to do a php cli script...

James Finstrom