Shell Account

GK gm5729 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 18:53:08 MST 2009

Well I have to direct this to someone (Lisa) because whatever sassafras
tea that you're drinking is obviously laced.

For whatever reason you brought in a Debian log is beyond me too. But if
you must needs have your senses titilated the OP in question was asking
how he could generate a list of passwords. So Debian has two wonderful
tools agp and otr that help generate random pronouncable passphrases. At
the moment the word/theory eludes me. I'm sure you can identify with
having to think up a passphrase for the 5 main frames you might be on, 3
servers, a laptop and a remote location every 30-60 days. It's PITA and
really in the scheme of things doesn't work. Longer passphrases, say
20-40 chars work the best mathematically then a short 7 char
"complicated" one. This person also sounded like they where do some sort
of sys admining... which oh heaven forbid us linux users sys admin our
boxen. So I mentioned cracklib to s/he as a way for an admin to enforce
at least some level of security since the password is usually the
weakest link in the "security" chain.

As far as the IP that was used, so what? I was behind someone elses
network at the time and had the free access to do as I needed on my
boxen. No harm, no foul.

Ah, I believe in net neutrality also. Though my request may not seem
logical to you. I exhausted all means of "free" shell accounts  online.
I'm not going to go over again what I found. But for one reason or
another they would not meet my needs. So, because I've known the the
PLUG, Hans, Tuna, the gang at the Installfest. I was asking for
assistance because I was not having any success with what I was doing
hoping that someone may have something in the PLUG that "members" could
use that wasn't necessarily public knowledge.

No one is claiming nonfree, or unsafe or encroachment on anothers
private property and/or breaking the law. Now Arapio the Nazi he is
another story.

You obviously don't, won't, can't have the ability to help me in my
request so why are you beating a dead horse? A logical response would
seemingly come from someone who could assist me. So basically shut your
trap please.

Vi^3PP