OT: HTML Emails -- Re: Other than frys where would you get server hardware

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Thu Jan 29 06:17:33 MST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 12:54 AM, Nathan England <nathan at paysonlinux.org>wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 January 2009 11:49:48 Patrick Jacques wrote:
> > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
> > <head>
> >   <title></title>
> > </head>
> > On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Patrick Jacques <span>&lt;<a
> >  moz-do-not-send="true"
> > href="mailto:patrick at kinetic-computing.net">
> patrick at kinetic-computing.net</
> >a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
> >  cite="mid:2864806b0901280414k20d4b761pf0527c9c9c5d977 at mail.gmail.com<mid%3A2864806b0901280414k20d4b761pf0527c9c9c5d977 at mail.gmail.com>
> "
> >  type="cite">
> > smoothwall are you working with? <br>
>

> Is there a way for mailman or whatever the mail list manager is to wipe out
> html messages and only send the plain text?
>
> Or better yet, is there a way for my procmail to do it?
>
> nathan

I never have understood why some people have an issue with html mail; unless
you view mail on a teletype machine you can choose how it is displayed.
Most modern mail clients have an option to view the text version of the
email instead of html.   In Thunderbird it is in view -> message body as
plain text.

--
JD Austin
Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC
jd at twingeckos.com
480.288.8195x201
http://www.twingeckos.com

Bill Cosby  - "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones
that need the advice."