OT:Exchange good? - And the flame wars begin (Was:Re:newhotness?)

Bryan O'Neal boneal at cornerstonehome.com
Tue Feb 24 21:53:48 MST 2009

Having an open accounting package is typically not enough, you have to take
the data from your client who is using other main stream products.  In
addition if you are running a full shop (AP/AR/Contract Management/Debt
Management/Compliancy & Reporting, and other such departments) just using
something like SQL-Ledger is not enough unless you are also a serious BI/SQL
wise with your own reporting software.  For example if I needed to see a
listing comparing outstanding AP with relation to the projects they are
associated with listed by vender by age and cross referenced with when their
MLR expire, your gorging to have to build it your self with something like
SQL-Ledger, while it is a pre built report with things like QB, TLA, PT,
etc. And the cost of building that one report could easily outweigh the cost
of the Windows OS and QB package.

However, if you’re a small shop and you have your own people, you have spare
intellectual resources, and you have the choice of learning QB or SQL-Ledger
then I would say go for SQL-Ledger!  However if you’re a independent
contractor who is employed as a part time book keeper by small businesses
you’re a windows person sad to say.