[lopsa-discuss] LOPSA needs YOU at SCaLE! (fwd)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Feb 17 10:49:57 MST 2009

moin moin,

if you're going to SCaLE this weekend please consider helping out at the
LOPSA booth.

We're asking for two hour shifts in the booth on both Saturday and Sunday.

Let me know if you want to join the ride and room sharing for SCaLE.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Practice socially conscious hedonism. Do whatever you want,
#  as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. - der.hans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:42:19 -0600
From: Jesse Trucks <jesse at cyberius.net>
To: LOPSA discuss <discuss at lopsa.org>
Subject: [lopsa-discuss] LOPSA needs YOU at SCaLE!

Fellow SysAdmins!

As you may have heard, LOPSA is teaching classes for SCALE U again
this year. LOPSA will also have a booth at SCaLE this year.

In fact, I am one of the two instructors (Chris St. Pierre is the
other). If you are attending SCaLE, whether you can volunteer or not,
please come find me before I have to leave Sunday around noon. I want
to meet you all!

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!

We have free SCaLE passes and LOPSA shirts for qualified volunteers.
Read on below!

All things SCaLE U can be found at:

http://scale7x.socallinuxexpo.org/conference-info/scale-u

SCaLE is fast upon us and we need volunteers for the booth and to
assist with the classes.  We are specifically looking for volunteers
for the following things:

1. Someone local with a car who is willing to act as a "gopher" during
the SCaLE U classes on Friday, Feb. 20th, and for the booth on Sat.,
Feb. 21 and Sun., Feb. 22.

2. People who can volunteer on Sat. and Sun. for two hours shifts to
staff the booth.  If you are willing to do at least four shifts across
both days, LOPSA will provide you with a FREE pass to SCaLE.

If you are interested in volunteering to help us with LOPSA activities
at SCaLE, please email me at jtrucks at lopsa.org as soon as possible.

LOPSA members can also get a 50% discount on the $70 SCALE 7x Full
Access Pass by using code 'LOPSA' when registering.

Some info about SCaLE and LOPSA is included below.

SCaLE is the premier Open Source Community conference in the
southwestern United States.  SCaLE promotes Open Source software in a
vendor- and distribution-neutral conference consisting of technical
seminars, product display, software demonstrations, and tutorials.

More information on SCaLE is available at http://scale7x.socallinuxexpo.org/
.

Hope to see you there!
Jesse