Help Resizing Windows 7 Partition for Debian Install

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Wed Dec 23 11:16:20 MST 2009

I tried reducing the partition again from Windows, but it wouldn't let me. Even after a reboot and a disk defrag.

I then booted gparted and resized the partition the way I wanted to.  Rebooting into windows forced a check disk process, but it completed without any errors and now windows runs in its tiny 40 GB space without any complaints.

I performed a base install of debian and now I have a dual boot system with debian and windows. Except the realtek network card needs special drivers from realtek, so at this point I don't have a working network card on the debian side.

Thanks!

Mark
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile