Help Resizing Windows 7 Partition for Debian Install

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Wed Dec 23 10:37:50 MST 2009

NTFS places it's allocation "database" in the center of it's partition, and that may be what's blocking your resize (I'm not terribly familiar with Win7, so YMMV).
You might be able to use gparted from the Linux side, although a good backup is strongly recommended if you take that approach.
Alternatively, a resize, reboot, repair may move the file tables and allow you to resize to 1/2 again.