Politics/Ethics: Operation PinWale - Obama Administration Seeks Emergency Control of the Internet

James Mcphee jmcphe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 08:03:40 MST 2009

Civil disobedience is a pretty extreme measure.  We're still able to
protest, etc.  If this continues for 20 years and we still get no luv, then
civil disobedience may be the only way, and that means some of us are going
to jail.  We would be breaking the law, after all.  Luckily, by then there
will be plenty of young, excitable college kids to go to jail for me.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Lyle Tuttle <L.tuttle at cox.net> wrote:

>  At 10:31 PM 8/30/2009, Ryan Rix wrote:
>
> > I think only land oners should have the right to vote. I do not own
> > anything so I would not get to vote.
>
> White land owning men? :P
>

> Ryan, I love 'ya, but:
>
> As a fat, white, land owner, Country Club Member & a Republican, I find
> this very offensive.  (And yes, I see the <G>, but the statement serves no
> purpose, and in itself could be construed to be a racist remark - think
> about it.)
>
> Enough of the stereotyping of what some perceive to be truth.  The fact is,
> statements like these serve no purpose except to promote false logic.
>
> I am certain of this:  There are racists of all colors, but not all people
> of color are racists.  (And for you purists:  white is the absence of color,
> but is included in this statement.)
>
> lyle tuttle

James McPhee
jmcphe at gmail.com