Politics/Ethics: Operation PinWale - Obama Administration Seeks Emergency Control of the Internet

Jason Spatafore jason_online at spatafore.net
Sun Aug 30 16:08:54 MST 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 15:25 -0700, keith smith wrote:
> The constitution provides a limited number of things the Federal
> Government can be involved in. It is the state and the people that
> have all the authority.

Give me direct vote on all laws that are presented to Congress. That is
all I ask. Until then, this conversation is pretty much over. It's going
to be a constant republican vs. democrat vs. independent debate that
constantly occurs every single day.

Just give me my vote. Don't give the Senator or State Representative my
vote. Give *ME MY VOTE*.

Until then, everything we say...every action we take, is just rhetorical
and wasteful to our entire society.

If the people got to vote on national healthcare...it would have already
passed. If the people got to vote on legalizing tobacco sales, they
would be banned. If the people got to vote on legalizing marijuana, it
would still be illegal (by narrow margin).

But the bottom line is that we don't get to vote. We have to figure out
the smoke screens and guess who the better candidate is. We shouldn't be
figuring out people and betting on them...we should be having our say
and moving on with our day. I propose every Thursday being voting
day..that way, we have our weekends to celebrate and mourn the
results. :)