Automount in Gnome

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 01:09:38 MST 2009

log in twice.  Once as a user that gets the automount and once as a user
that does not.  For each user, open a terminal and issue the command
"groups".  Compare the list of groups to see what additional groups the user
that gets automount has.  I am betting that one of them is plugdev or cdrom
or something like that.  Probably all you need to do is add the
NON-automount user to that group.

If you were on ubuntu, I would tell you to go to the Administration Menu,
select Users and Groups and make sure the entry for (something like)
Automatically Use Removable Devices is checked.  But you are on Arch Linux
so I have no idea what such utility you might have.

Dazed_75