How to overcome a boot-up endless loop?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Thu Aug 27 11:49:18 MST 2009

> Buy a Mac? ;)

That is obviously not helpful.

I did buy a macbook 15" a few weeks ago and found it to be weird and
totally unsatisfactory for many, many reasons ... beyond its
over-priced, under-valued, worse than M$ proprietary-ness.

So after a couple of weeks of trying to make some sense out its
incredibly non-intuitive arbitrariness, I sold it and I certainly will
not be going down that confusing road again.

macs may be fine for music and videos and just playing around, but I
could not get even simple serious work tasks to work efficiently or
reasonably.  Disabling most "normal" CTRL key functions and
substituting that silly mac "X" key in such an anatomically
inconvenient location ... and disallowing simple window resizing from
any side or corner are just two of many dozens of examples.

To each his/her own.

A few mac-types that I encountered during my brief foray into mac-land
tried to be helpful; however, from far too many others, I found that
one is more likely to experience snippety arrogance rather than
constructive help.

At least from most plug friends, one usually gets constructive help.