correct way to set timezone & clock/date?

Bob Elzer bob.elzer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:17:43 MST 2009

NTP doesn't connect to you, so you shouldn't need any special firewall rule.

Your system goes out and connects to the NTP server, and if you make this
system a server also, then
all the internal systems should connect to it, to set their time.

The internal network should be open to all systems, so all the clients
should be able to get the time.