correct way to set timezone & clock/date?

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 25 11:49:35 MST 2009

No, my external firewall system is a SuSE-10.1 system.

I tried tailing /var/log/messages while starting the ntp service but
I do not see anything being logged there regarding ntp activity.

There is a ntp file in /var/log but it is zero length and has a access
date on the file from a few months ago. Is there anywhere else where
ntp activity gets logged or a way to turn up the debug level on the ntpd process?
--
Steve