LVM extension into new space and partition edits

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Mon Aug 24 19:32:35 MST 2009

Doh, sorry Matt - you know I didn't even see anything down below where
you quoted, my bad.  Yeah, I read that you can pvresize (what I'd meant
to say), but I was seeing some questionable result via some mail
threads.  I haven't done it myself to experience success or failure, as
I don't typically have contiguous space to reallocate like this.  I'm
curious the outcome if you want to try, but definitely something to test
on a disk, even a thumb drive typically suffices.

Adding another partition/pv shouldn't cause any overhead to add the rest
of the space to the vg, and that I can quote all day long as
successfully done.

-mb