"Professional Recruiters"?

James Mcphee jmcphe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 22:18:12 MST 2009

Consider that any time you put your resume out on one of those internet
sites, they get "farmed" and sit in recruiter's systems for years.  I know a
lovely lady that has a phone number I had on an old resume who lets me know
how much she appreciates this behavior.  Be aware, is all I'm saying.  Maybe
get a google voice phone # when you put your resume out there and the lose
the # when you don't want calls anymore.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Lisa Kachold <lisakachold at obnosis.com>wrote:

> I get these all the time, also.
>
> I also get an incredible number of email and calls for other states,
> even though I clearly state I will not relocate.  I complain - but
> they continue.
>
> I state clearly on my phone some parameters for who/how I will
> consider contracts, and don't answer calls out of the area, which
> seems to work.
>
> On 8/13/09, Michael Butash <michael at butash.net> wrote:
> > Anyone else notice anymore an abundance of calls from
> > "recruiters" (which I use the term quite loosely) all seem to be coming
> > from sweatshop call centers out of various parts of the world?  Being in
> > the market for work lately, my res is flapping in the breeze on a few
> > job site, and it seems I get quite literally 4-6 calls a day from these
> > random *recruiters* that:
> >
> > a) barely/don't speak english
> > b) don't know anything about the technologies they're trying to place
> > for
> > c) call about the same lame jobs that I myself can find scouring job
> > sites
> > d) most not even relevant to my held/proclaimed job title or skills
> > e) are just plain rude
> >
> > I've gotten as many as 3 calls in 5 minutes from the same *company* with
> > different cannon-fodder reps calling me about the same job, so somewhere
> > a predictive dialer software is glitching.  Then they ask if I want a
> > job programming asp.net or something silly, just because my resume
> > mentions (begrudgingly) having windows skill, or something equally
> > asinine unrelated to my actual profession.  Once I'm annoyed and tell
> > them no, they practically instantly hang up to wardial/annoy someone
> > else.  Rinse/repeate frustration several times a day...
> >
> > I figure I can't be the only person having this joy of a time, I'm just
> > curious how pervasive this "sweatshop recruiting" has become in our
> > field?
> >
> > -mb

> http://linuxgazette.net/165/kachold.html
> (623)239-3392