"Professional Recruiters"?

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu Aug 13 21:59:10 MST 2009

I get these all the time, also.

I also get an incredible number of email and calls for other states,
even though I clearly state I will not relocate.  I complain - but
they continue.

I state clearly on my phone some parameters for who/how I will
consider contracts, and don't answer calls out of the area, which
seems to work.

On 8/13/09, Michael Butash <michael at butash.net> wrote:
> Anyone else notice anymore an abundance of calls from
> "recruiters" (which I use the term quite loosely) all seem to be coming
> from sweatshop call centers out of various parts of the world?  Being in
> the market for work lately, my res is flapping in the breeze on a few
> job site, and it seems I get quite literally 4-6 calls a day from these
> random *recruiters* that:
>
> a) barely/don't speak english
> b) don't know anything about the technologies they're trying to place
> for
> c) call about the same lame jobs that I myself can find scouring job
> sites
> d) most not even relevant to my held/proclaimed job title or skills
> e) are just plain rude
>
> I've gotten as many as 3 calls in 5 minutes from the same *company* with
> different cannon-fodder reps calling me about the same job, so somewhere
> a predictive dialer software is glitching.  Then they ask if I want a
> job programming asp.net or something silly, just because my resume
> mentions (begrudgingly) having windows skill, or something equally
> asinine unrelated to my actual profession.  Once I'm annoyed and tell
> them no, they practically instantly hang up to wardial/annoy someone
> else.  Rinse/repeate frustration several times a day...
>
> I figure I can't be the only person having this joy of a time, I'm just
> curious how pervasive this "sweatshop recruiting" has become in our
> field?
>
> -mb

http://linuxgazette.net/165/kachold.html
(623)239-3392