OT: Cron for windows

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Mon Aug 10 12:41:55 MST 2009

I tend to agree, if you're *only* installing cygwin for cron, just use
the AT scheduler in windows.

On windows boxen I owned in the enterprise, I would install cygwin and
ssh services on them pretty much default, using bash, cron, and other
components extensively, but our windows folk didn't much like it as they
perceive it as a one-off.  Then again they didn't get the whole
linux/open-source thing like good windoze people drinking the Redmond
kool-aid.  Anything free can't be *good*, right?

-mb