Serial Port Terminal Emulation problems in Ubuntu

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Mon Aug 3 08:56:00 MST 2009

On 8/3/09, Eric Shubert <ejs at shubes.net> wrote:
> Lisa Kachold wrote:
>> Eric Please!

>>> Which link would that be?
>>>
>>> Being a standalone distro based on LFS, I don't understand how there
>>> could or would be a "debian install" for it. Will you explain what you
>>> mean by "debian install for IpCop"?
>>>
>>> --
>>> -Eric 'shubes'
>>
>> Ask the source (IPCop.or in this case) [about IpCop debian] before
>> beleagering all these good people with this strange agenda?
>
> I did, thank you very much. I was unable to find anything there about a
> "debian install".
>
>> http://www.ipcop.org/index.php?module=pnWikka&func=history&tag=IPCop2BuildingHowto
>>

> This page page references debian, but it's talking about a build
> environment, which has nothing to do with an install or IPCop itself. In
> addition, it's talking about version 2, which is a long way from general
> release yet.
>
> My "agenda" (if you need to call it that) is simply to understand how
> IPCop and debian might be related, which was triggered by your statement:

Well there's a Freelance project related to migrating to a newer
kernel sources (using Debian):

http://www.getafreelancer.com/projects/Linux/IPCop-debian-package.html

I have worked on a debian IPCop in the days before current ISO drop
in, with custom binary sources (which is DEBIAN based [gee if you can
build the sources on it, it's DEBIAN - duh!]).

IpCop in it's current iteration uses the old Linux 2.4 kernel (with
all it's related limitations).

And the subject of this man's email was not argumentative.

It was solved (5 minutes after he posted it) - terminal emulation for
his redhat switch using

ESCape ESCape o

to save in nano.
> <quote>
> There are a great number of debian linux switches (like IpCop):
> </quote>
>
> I think I understand now.
> --
> -Eric 'shubes'