OT: Farewell PLUG

Joshua A. Andler scislac at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 01:42:45 MST 2009

Hey All,

I'm not sure if anyone remembers me from last years ableconf (I did a
presentation on Inkscape), but for those that do, farewell. Due to some
pretty big life changes I will be relocating to Reno in the near future.
Unfortunately I will be unable to participate in ABLEconf this year (as
I will have relocated), but I wish everyone the best for it.

As a side question, is anyone familiar with the FLOSS community in Reno?
I don't imagine it's terribly large, but figured it wouldn't hurt to
ask.

-This next portion is list and activity related-

As a soon-to-be former list member, I can tell you that my primary
reason for not coming to meetings, not participating in the irc channel,
and various other avenues for non-participation directly correlates to a
lot of the off-topic discussion on the list.

Yes Hans and Ryan, you are correct... it does drive people away. This is
firsthand testimony that JMZ is guessing wrong, and that the concerns
are NOT blown out of proportion. It's quite simple, if you can't stay
on-topic with the list, what makes me think you'll be any different on
irc or in person? You know how you add value to a LINUX/Tech discussion
list? Stay on topic. My final note on this issue is that I would have
been unsubscribing anyway if the issue wasn't addressed soon (which I'm
happy to see that there is movement in that direction).

Cheers,
Josh