Geek/Tech/Entrepreneur Stuff to do in PHX

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Sun Aug 2 18:51:06 MST 2009

On Sunday 02 August 2009 01:08:22 pm you wrote:
> Am 31. Jul, 2009 schwätzte Nathan England so:
>
> moin moin,
>
> > I wish there was something like that down here in Douglas! I'd like to find another geek type person, even a <flameretardentsuit>Windows User</flameretardentsuit>...
>
> Didn't realize you're now down in Douglas. Unlike Payson, I might actually
> know people in Douglas :).
>
> Start a Free Software Stammtisch. I'll list you on my Stammtische
> page. Even if no one show up, you get to go out for a meal and some drinks
> once a month :).
>
> Find a restaurant that has room for a few people to meet and talk and show
> up there every month at the same time. Announce it with PLUG and the
> Arizona LoCo. There's also a community college down there, so maybe you
> can put up flyers there.
>
> We already have Stammtische in Tempe, Avondale and Prescott. It's a low
> effort type of meeting because no presentations or organization outside
> some advertising is required.
>
> It's also fun even if you only get a couple of other people to show up. We
> only had 3 people in Tempe in July ( after having at least 20 in June ),
> but the 3 of us had fun. I also got more info about a potential job, so it
> was definitely worth it for me.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans

I moved down to Douglas a little more than a month ago. I have met a few people, but not too many. I have not met anyone who knows anything about computers at all yet. But I've had different priorities than finding geeks anyway. One of these days! But yes, I'm no longer the mountain Penguin, I'm back in the desert!

nathan

--

Nathan England
nathan at paysonlinux.org