guess what....

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Aug 2 18:09:19 MST 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 17:45 -0700, keith smith wrote:

> Is there a social security escrow account that contains the fund to meet the social security requirements until 2040 the year you said it was viable to?
>
> Social security is rutinely taken to fund other projects and the 2040 year you sate is more than likely based on a projection of requirements and what will be collected.  This is a guess.  The money is not there.  It is not like a 401k account where you can say I have X in it and that is based on real money.
>
> You agree medicare is bankrupt.  And you say by letting the government manage all our health care needs in the same way they run medicare we will all be better off.
>
> I'd like to continue the debate and I will.  I am in the process of putting up a website that outlines all my beliefs with supporting references.  When i complete that site I will provide a link.

----
You said Social Security is bankrupt. I asked you to cite your source
for that information. You cannot. Your statement is false. It is funded.

You want me to agree that medicare is bankrupt. No, Medicare is funded
by the Federal government. It is only bankrupt as far as our government
is bankrupt. The politicians do not have the political will to do
anything but to fund Medicare - note - Medicare is a governmental run
health care program. It is working. Yes, the costs are skyrocketing and
there are all sorts of adjustments that are under discussion...what else
is new?

There is no 'bankrupt' Social Security or Medicare.

The premises you state are just wrong. What is there to debate if your
the premise of your argument itself is flawed?

Craig

believed to be clean.