Looking for Advice on Debian Server Setup

Austin Godber godber at uberhip.com
Mon Apr 27 07:49:39 MST 2009

I have occasionally found it handy to have /tmp on a separate
partition.  Mainly to ensure that /tmp doesn't fill up accidentally
which can lead to all sorts of unpleasantness and complicate recovery.

Same applies pretty much across the board and bi directionally.

Though separating out partitions of course comes with slightly increased
complexity.

Austin