SAN storage practical list of options

Shawn Badger badger.shawn at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 12:56:21 MST 2009

You could either go with a NetApp or EMC solution and not make a bad choice
on either, but be warned that you will be spending over  $100K  to get it up
and running right. Are you going to be editing the video while it directly
stored on the SAN or is the SAN just going to be a repository? If you are
planning on editing directly from the SAN then be sure to get the 15K fibre
channel drives. You will also want lots of drive to distribute the disk I/O
across as many spindles as possible. The number of clients attached will
dictate how many drives you will need. I don't remember the ratio, but if
you want it I'm sure I could find it.