Question about installation from a live CD

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Fri Apr 17 23:21:51 MST 2009

In reinstalling my Linux system, I ended up with two /home/joe
directories -- a new one on my hda5 partition that I designated as "/"
and another on partition hda7 where it had been from my original
installation.  All of my original files are still in the /home/joe
directory on partition hda7 (which is what I was trying to preserve).
That part worked out fine.  But how do I get rid of the extra
/home/joe directory that the reinstallation put on hda5 and make the
/home/joe directory on hda7 the one that the system finds.

I've posted a jpg of the partition layout at this link:
http://www.upquick.com/view/partition.jpg