Got a text formatting/database question - the political backstory

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Apr 16 10:48:51 MST 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 09:45 -0700, keith smith wrote:

> Pima County is a crazy place.
>
> All we have to look at is Isabella Garcia, the head public defender
> organizing an participating in the beating and beheading of a pinata
> created in the likeness of Joe Arpaio.  The county refused to sanction
> Isabella Garcia.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq5t-Nzhvb4
>

> Then read about how the Pima County Sheriff's Department and the
> Tucson Police arrested the wrong person, paraded him in front of the
> local media then systematically violated his 5th amendment rights.  An
> ID tech who knew Cooper pulled his latent finger prints and compared
> them to a serial rapist.   She felt they matched.  Her supervisor did
> a comparison and both agreed Coopers finger prints matched the crime
> scene prints.  The problem is both had failed the the test to become
> certified in latent fingerprint analysis.
>
> They ruined Cooper's life.
>
> http://www.texas-justice.com/aele/cooper963f2d1220.html
>
> I live in Tucson and find it a scary place.
>

> ------------------------
> Keith Smith

----
Keith, it would be really nice if you could fix the e-mail client you
are using to make it easier to reply to your e-mails.

A public defender mocking law enforcement? Seems to be an everyday
occurrence.

Wrongful accusations and convictions obtained by unqualified law
enforcement personnel? Happens everywhere, daily.

I suppose the fact law enforcement personnel do the latter is cause for
the former...they seem to go hand in hand.

Craig

believed to be clean.