can't sign in on PLUG home page

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Sat Apr 4 08:49:50 MST 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 8:39 AM, mz <mz at infomagic.net> wrote:
> Sooo, speaking of everything ending up on the discussion list, I can't
> get signed in on the home page.
>
> First, I got: "Sorry, unrecognized username or password. Have you
> forgotten your password?" Thinking this might be the case even though I
> dug out the hard copy of my passwords, I attempted to get a new one.
> That's when I was told, "Sorry, mz at infomagic.net is not recognized as a
> user name or an email address." This obviously isn't true, and I've
> been receiving my monthly reminders from the listserve.
>
> What next? If I create a new account, won't everything be sent twice,
> once from the new account and once from the "unrecognized" account?

Your sign in on the web site is NOT connected to your sign in for this
email list.  Each list and the web site have their own user ID and
password database.

To help me better understand, please clarify this distiction.  Are you
having trouble signing in to the web site or to an email list
interface?

Alan