FreeBSD OpenVPN and SMB Connection Issues

Bryan O'Neal boneal at cornerstonehome.com
Thu Apr 2 18:32:51 MST 2009

To be honest I am not sure how to do this on BSD either. However  some quick
Googleing found something for you to try.
arp -d 216.9.190.124 (to "drop" the entry, then ping to reestablish)
    or
arp -s 216.9.190.124 MA:Cx:xx::xx:xx ( where the second argument is the mac
address of the device in question. This should force the entry to the
correct mac address)

Or you could try this script that should clear all of your arp cache.

*arp -an | awk '{print $2}' | sed s/"("// | sed s/")"// | xargs -n 1 arp -d
*