OT: [sorta] "Vowing to Prevent 'Cyber Katrina,' Senators Propose Cyber Czar"

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Thu Apr 2 08:30:10 MST 2009

As far as I know, this:
"Vowing to Prevent 'Cyber Katrina,' Senators Propose Cyber Czar"
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/04/vowing-to-preve.html
is (was) not an April fool's joke.
   One thing that does seem a little suspicious (beware), is that
among the many "cross-references" to other items, there is one
link labeled "proposed cyber
czar<http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/files/cyberkatrinabill.pdf%22%3EDownload%20cyberkatrinabill.pdf>",
 --
which I think
was "intended" to point to the URL

I don't actually think there is a browser related issue here -- partly
because,
 just for completeness, I tried that link with two browsers (one of them
Firefox),
 and it was equal-opportunity "404 Not Found" with both browsers.
So I think it is just a case of a schnerbed URL
...but the article still seems interesting [to me] (YMMV).

Etymology note / Humor :-) Lol / ACK
(By the way, [HUMOR!:] that funny slang word, "schnerbed",
 [past participle of the verb "to schnerb"?] [passsive voice?]
 was copied from
 [and hence I guess, courtesy of / "with apologies to" the writer of]
 some other recent PLUG-discuss posts;
[I couldn't find that word anywhere else, even using "
http://www.onelook.com/"]
[also, I may have already copied it at least once "before" this --
so, if this is a delayed ACK, make it retroactive] ).

Some of the links work OK
I pursued one of the other side-issue "tangent" links, (labeled
"swindle <http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/11/three-plead-gui.html>"),
(2nd word of "one
swindle<http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/11/three-plead-gui.html>
at