CentOS 5.3

Bryan O'Neal boneal at cornerstonehome.com
Wed Apr 1 22:52:19 MST 2009

I thought that was the point of an RMP based package manager, if you
manually install the package it still checks for dependencies and puts the
package in the list.  However installing from a downloaded RPM usually means
you could not find it in your repositories and thus updates are not
maintained in those repositories and thus not updated by yum which looks at
those repositories.

Did I get that right?