Fwd: ABC News: Sec. Bowen Wants Open Source

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 14:51:47 MST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <alan at openvotingconsortium.org>
Date: Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 2:11 PM
Subject: ABC News: Sec. Bowen Wants Open Source
To: jjzeidner at gmail.com

Dear Friends of Open Voting:

There was a great news item yesterday from ABC.  They report that
California Secretary of State Debra Bowen want Open Source for voting
systems.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=5893946&page=1

Of course, we already knew that.  But it's nice to see this coming out
in the national news media.  We are doing everything we can on our end
to make this happen.  We have been making some good progress --
nothing I can announce just yet, but I hope to have a big announcement
soon!

Thanks.

Alan Dechert
President, Open Voting Consortium