Changing the Time Zone

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Tue Sep 16 18:31:32 MST 2008

I have an FC/Redhat/CentOS box and I would like to change my time zone
for the entire system and all users to UTC; date -u seems to only
changes the individual users zone.  And, since I don't have a GUI on my
box I can not use system-config-time.  So, I was thinking /etc/localtime
should be a simlink to the time zone in /usr/share/zoneinformation rite?
I can just change that with a new symlink, rite? But the file I have in
/etc/localtime is a small binary file and that made me nervous.  Then I
thought, setup, how much more basic could I get!  But it does not have a
time zone option, only Authentication and System Services.

Any suggestions?