Reducing an existing Linux partition for Windows use....

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Sat Sep 13 07:21:33 MST 2008

After a long battle with technology, eculbert wrote:
> I need to do the opposite! Resize/shrink a xp w/3 partitions on it. What is
> safe?

"Is it safe?  Is it safe?"  (Fortunately, you won't have to go that far.)

> Can linux partitioning software safely reduce an xp partition and [have the
> existing 'DozeXP] still work?

It's worked for me on the laptops I've owned.  Boot the gparted LiveCD or the
SysRescCD.  Start gparted.  Use the rather friendly GUI to resize and move
NTFS, FAT, ext23, and ReiserFS partitions.  Note that it doesn't do LVM yet,
though.

--
   People don't tend to get paid.
   --MegaHAL, trained on Netizen's quotes file