Reducing an existing Linux partition for Windows use....

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 07:10:03 MST 2008

I need to do the opposite! Resize/shrink a xp w/3 partitions on it. What is safe. It will be reformated and reinstalled. Does it give ability to leave some of the hd open/partitioned when installing the o/s? It is on a neighbors machine that is flakey now. Flakey= cannot find the onboard lan, but linux live can and they are not at all a 'tinkererer' type, so I got stuck doing it.

Can linux partitioning software safely reduce an xp partition and the data still work on it? I know it can be stopped w/o reformating when using linux only. Or will the partition then be corrupted? Remember, newly reinstalled system on at least 2 partitions.

Its a dell with a system disk available.

Ed/ke7feg  ....Hurry up November...enough heat so far!!

Did I mention, 2/23/07 the FCC dropped all cw (AKA Morse code) testing for any class of license as a ham? Just pass the written exams.