10 years in PLUG

Francois, Jean (J.L.) jfranc46 at ford.com
Tue Sep 9 04:36:33 MST 2008

On 2008-09-05 20:55, der.hans wrote:
> moin moin,
>
> working on my resume and realized I've been involved with PLUG for a
> decade.
>
> In that time we've gone from two monthly meetings to 4 ( 5 once the
> HackFest starts ) plug two Stammtische. 7 events every month is a lot!
>
> 3 of the 5 need presentations[0] every month and we usually get them
covered.

> We've greatly expanded the geographical base we cover. We've also gone
> through a few mail servers and web servers.
>
> We still have a few people who've been around longer than I have. We
can
> even thank one person who's still on the list for getting the meetings
> started.
>
> We've had ESR in twice and Stallman in once.
>
> We've had a couple of big InstallFests and once again have them
monthly.

> We're finally putting on a conference.
>
> Overall, I think we've done well and I've certainly enjoyed it.
>
> [0] Speaking of presentations, please submit presentation proposals
for
> ABLEconf, www.ABLEconf.com  :)
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans

I can't believe that much time has passed.
How long has it been since we met in the Gold Bar<?> vault?
Is everyone that came to that meeting still in AZ?

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

-- Frenchie ( JLF ) Sends...
Jean Francois: Server Engineering/EE
Providing Fordified VMware/Linux to the Enterprise
VMware VCP2/VCP3 Certified
- Linux Counter Registered User #8863 1994-12-13 06:39:24