hide/iconify/tab tabs in FF

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Sep 7 12:54:21 MST 2008

moin moin,

anyone know of a way to hide or iconify tabs in Firefox?

I have some tabs that I'd like to effectively put into suspended animation
when I'm not actively using them. I would like them to be tabs rather than
bookmarks in order to preserve some specific history and some privacy
settings.

I'd like to drop them out of the tab bar when they aren't in use.

I suppose have one tab be a drop down list of a subset of tabs could work.
I'd like to have something else for this particular need, but a tab of
tabs would also be cool.

I've thought about just using close tab and tab restore, but ideally I'd
just be able to mark a particular tab for suspended animation and restore
it via local cache.

Just being able to hide the tabs like hiding columns in a spread sheet
would be an improvement. Is there a way to bookmark a tab rather than just
the current page?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/          http://www.ABLEconf.com/
#  ABLEconf.com - Free Software conference September 20th in Phoenix