running a pc fan outside of a case

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 14:23:03 MST 2008

This is the one my wife likes, but then her middle of the laptop is over an open space under the laptop.

http://shop2.frys.com/product/5442979?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

I took a picture of the above under my wife's laptop, it is pulled to the rear so it somewhat shows between the back of the laptop and the frame of plywood it sits on. Does a good job of lowering the temperature of the laptop.

This model has a knob that varies the speed. She has it 'just' audible so as not to bother her.

http://www.geocities.com/eculbert/aaaa0004.jpg

Ed/ke7feg  ....Hurry up November...enough heat so far!!

Did I mention, 2/23/07 the FCC dropped all cw (AKA Morse code) testing for any class of license as a ham? Just pass the written exams.