10 years in PLUG

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Sep 5 13:55:52 MST 2008

moin moin,

working on my resume and realized I've been involved with PLUG for a
decade.

In that time we've gone from two monthly meetings to 4 ( 5 once the
HackFest starts ) plug two Stammtische. 7 events every month is a lot!

3 of the 5 need presentations[0] every month and we usually get them covered.

We've greatly expanded the geographical base we cover. We've also gone
through a few mail servers and web servers.

We still have a few people who've been around longer than I have. We can
even thank one person who's still on the list for getting the meetings
started.

We've had ESR in twice and Stallman in once.

We've had a couple of big InstallFests and once again have them monthly.

We're finally putting on a conference.

Overall, I think we've done well and I've certainly enjoyed it.

[0] Speaking of presentations, please submit presentation proposals for
ABLEconf, www.ABLEconf.com  :)

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/          http://www.ABLEconf.com/
#  ABLEconf.com - Free Software conference September 20th in Phoenix