Webcam on Kubuntu

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Mon Sep 1 01:12:58 MST 2008

Actually, if dmesg doesn't show that it's recognized when plugged in, your ucbvideo kernel driver will need to be updated.

a) Obtain driver source (either a subversion checkout, a source tar.gz download)

b) Compile

c) Replace the kernel module (modprobe -r the old driver and modprobe the new driver)

Here's where I would start for full instructions:   http://narnia.cs.ttu.edu/drupal/node/171

Here's how to test that your usb is loading the easy way:

	Code:
	$ lsusb
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 046d:09a1 Logitech, Inc.

Take a look at the Linux UVC project over @ http://developer.berlios.de/projects/linux-uvc/.
I believe it supports this camera model.

(P.S. You may want to google and check out the forums before asking the
PLUG list?  Keep an eye on
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5340684#post5340684  as others
are having issues with Logitech Quickcams.)

(503)754-4452 Blackberry || Obnosis.com