ISP Infedelity / Touchy-Feelly Photons

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sun Oct 26 10:55:49 MST 2008

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008, Matt Graham wrote:

> After a long battle with technology, der.hans wrote:
>> Am 26. Okt, 2008 schwätzte Tuna so:
>>> I don't know which ISP is the least evil and corrupt around here,

> Common problem.  They're all evil and corrupt, but some of
> them are less evil than others.

wow -- harsh, coming from der.hans -- considering I manage an
ISP and all as part of what I do.

Complaints are all monitored, and root cause analysis
performed when needed.  Weekly management review of
metrics.  Rates are published, and honored. Ombudsman 'fairy
god-parent' 'make goods' as needed.

You must have ended hanging out with the wrong folks --
usually happens becuase people consider ISP services fungible
and buy solely on price considreations.

-- Russ herrold