Floor plan drawing program?

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Sun Oct 26 03:22:22 MST 2008

I don't know about CATIA (it's mostly used in automotive), ProE and Cadence most definitely do have Unix support (Linux/Solaris for Cadence, Solaris for Pro/E) and have no plans to drop that support (they'd loose most of their customers if they did), not sure where you read otherwise.
Most Cadence products, in fact, are Linux/Solaris only, only about 5% of their products are capable of running on Windows at all, and none of them can run on 64-bit Windows at the current time(they are working on that, though).
My statement about Windows capability was intended to describe current software availability, not base platform capacity (although part of the reason for the lack of software in this arena is that it's just too darn hard to get it working within Windows' quirks and constraints).

That said, Any general-purpose platform can run any type of software that runs on another general-purpose platform.  The determinant of what's available is what the software engineers create for the platform, not what can be created.