Linux Commercial

Jason Spatafore jasons at spatafore.net
Sat Oct 25 15:32:48 MST 2008

The background info link was very biased. While I am glad to see Linux going
in the right direction, IBM is the *last* vendor that is loyal to any
Operating System other than AIX.

Just look at their offerings. They are partners with Lenovo...but Lenovo is
not IBM. IBM does not have a desktop market share anymore.

Anyway, I was upset by seeing them beat on IBM...I am IBM certified and only
for one reason: They do not favor Linux or Windows. They are really only
interested in hardware and making sure their hardware works with everything
as much as possible. They invest in just about every software out there...to
keep the market fair. They are just as good with Oracle as they are with
MySQL....they are just as good with Windows as they are with Linux...they
are just as good with PHP as they are with ASP.

IBM stays out of that marketplace....they don't acknowledge MS, so why
should they acknowledge Linux?

It's also important to keep in mind that the cell-based CPU's from IBM only
support AIX and Linux.

Anyway, good ad. I am glad to see it. But that blog entry was upsetting. IBM
is the last manufacturer that should be targeted for sleeping with
Microsoft.

AIX is their lover. Linux and Microsoft are just the mistresses...equally.