make cd bootable with Record Now!

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Tue Oct 21 19:29:51 MST 2008

Hmm!  I am not sure what you did.  All of use have gone though the ISO burner pain - once you get it down - it's all good - keep at it!

I suggest that you keep logs while you work for a little while, until you get more used to the process of troubleshooting.  You are learning to flex a new muscle - it takes some time to get it down (some of us even get lazy and let the muscles devolve into useless ego-ism to be swiftly replaced in the "can do heirarchy" by the likes of you young-ens).  Lots of things impact our getting lost in the processes.  These can be incorrect assumptions, mis-emotion, memory issues ("buffer overflows" for written data) and process problems.

Write down all of your steps (as you work), eventually, you will start to keep a running if/then/therefore logic mental log and be able to swiftly roll back within your own processes and regroup, redo and reburn (for instance)!

Try again using these instructions:

              create an installation CD using DeepBurner on Windows
            Label
                a high-quality, blank, writable CD "Xandros Desktop", add the
                edition and version number (such as Home Edition - Premium 4.0), and place it
                in the CD drive.Download
                  DeepBurner, for example the free version
                (2.7 MB).Install
                it by double-clicking the .exe file (10.2 MB).Launch
                it by clicking Start > All Programs > DeepBurner > DeepBurner.Enable
                the Burn ISO image option, and click Next.
			  Enlarge the Burn ISO window so that the Image file field is visible.
              Click
                the ... button beside the Image file field, and select
                the .iso file.In order to keep the .iso file, disable the Delete image after successful burn check box.Select
                the CD or DVD Drive from the drop-down list, set the Write
                speed to 4X or the lowest possible speed, then click Burn ISO. The files are burned to
                the CD, which takes about 20 minutes at 4x. The CD ejects at the end of the process.
            NOTE: Burning at the SLOWEST SPEED makes for more success!

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Obnosis |  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:obnosis | Obnosis.com (503)754-4452