Easy Wine+IE6 setup (was Re: FW: On topic message about Off topic messages Various Solutions) URI Exploits

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Thu Oct 2 21:53:46 MST 2008

Sorry If I didn't make it clear: I was not suggesting that IE is a
decent browser or that anyone should install it for any other reason
that ones similar to what you mention in your first paragraph. Sadly
there are quite a few Cisco web-based applications, among a few others,
that only work in IE, not to mention sites like MSDN and extra
functionality for things like Outlook Web Access. For these rare
instances I would rather fire up IE6 in wine rather than boot a VM or
keep a spare laptop around just for use IE.

-Charles