OT: Free OpenSource JAD/J2EE WAP SSH Client for Phones

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Tue Nov 25 14:06:55 MST 2008

Tuna wrote:
> And just so I don't deviate too much from the topic, what purpose,
> exactly, would this serve? Does anybody have some story of how this has
> actually come in handy once? If so, do tell!
As I mentioned I was once in a movie theatre, and the previews had just
started and I got paged about an issue with one of our servers. I was
able to ssh in from my phone and fix the problem before the movie
started. If not for having SSH on my phone, I would have had to run out
to my car, and boot up my laptop. I would surely have missed the
beginning of the movie as well as my seat!

It should come in handy anywhere that you have to do some command line
administration and are without a laptop or normal internet access.

I have also used IRC on my phone while in a moving car (I wasn't driving
of course), and it worked great.

-Charles