OT: Free OpenSource JAD/J2EE WAP SSH Client for Phones

Tuna tuna at supertunaman.com
Tue Nov 25 12:04:32 MST 2008

Lisa is like the caring mother of the PLUG list offering great advice
such as...

> Remember to limit your server SSH access points (where possible) through
> ACL [iptables] by IP [check your phone settings for IP address], use
> strong passwords, and deploy daemon wrappers like SSHIT or SSHUTOUT [to
> protect against brute force and dictionary attacks], enable strong
> logging and log servers [so the logs can't be trivially edited] and
> alternately run on a unique port (not 2222 [everyone uses 2222]) if you
> MUST leave SSH open to PSTN/Internet gateways.

She cares about our safety! Just like a mother will tell you, "Wear a
helmet!" or "Don't climb that tree with those flimsy little branches!",
Lisa gives us these awesome security tips. Thanks, Lisa!

And just so I don't deviate too much from the topic, what purpose,
exactly, would this serve? Does anybody have some story of how this has
actually come in handy once? If so, do tell!