Linux and Dell Laptop?

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Mon Nov 24 08:22:16 MST 2008

mike enriquez wrote:
> I have a Dell Laptop Latitude D505 and I would like to remove Win xp
> and install  Linux. Has anyone on the list done this before?
> I am concerned about the drivers for the laptop under Linux.
> Help !
> Mike Enriquez :)

I have Ubuntu on my Latitude D830; no major problems, though I haven't
yet gotten around to figuring out how to get the wireless working. I
think the drivers are there, I just don't know how to detect wireless
networks.
I set mine up dual-boot because I sometimes need Windows for
work-related tasks.  The drives are so big these days it's not much of a
problem.

Vaughn