Linux and Dell Laptop?

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sun Nov 23 16:09:52 MST 2008

I have Ubuntu running on a Dell Latitude PII PMP CS series:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-Latitude-CSx-500MHz-128MB-13-Laptop-Parts-Repair_W0QQitemZ370115732938QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLaptops_Nov05?hash=item370115732938&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I have built it up under OpenSuse, OpenBSD, PCBSD, and Ubuntu.  I use ppp EDVO CDMA Sprint card with the kernel hack, Cisco PCMCIA wireless card and an interchangeable PCMCIA XirCom Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56 card.

It's a wonderful solution - since I have limited resources, and I am generally just using shell, ssh, command line tools and browser; it's fast enough!

It's slim and fits nice in my work bags.
www.Obnosis.com |  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:obnosis |
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=obnosis (503)754-4452
Catch the January PLUG HackFest!   Kristy Westphal, CSO for the Arizona Department of Economic
Security will provide a one hour
presentation on forensics.