Updates Restart and Login question

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Nov 19 08:50:20 MST 2008

Generally beeping during boot indicates a hardware issue.  It's called "BIOS Post Beep":

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm  = BIOS boot beep codes

When the Ubuntu kernel is booting there is not provision for beeping, since that layer of the OS is not yet loaded.

1) Verify your hardware and BIOS at reboot.
2) Boot noting failing items with exact error messages.
3) Search Google or the Ubuntu Forums for resolution.

And you might also consider:  http://shop.lenovo.com/ISS_Static/merchandising/US/info/08/thinkserver/introducing/mtm_tower_popup.html?country=us

www.Obnosis.com |  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:obnosis |
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=obnosis (503)754-4452
Catch the January PLUG HackFest!   Kristy Westphal, CSO for the Arizona Department of Economic
Security will provide a one hour
presentation on forensics.