Updates Restart and Login question

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 21:14:28 MST 2008

Top posting since you did.

That would be my expectation as well.  Actually, I would have expected
any updates except those requiring the restart to have happened before
the shutdown and those that required the restart to have happened
before actual login.  That is why I was surprised the shutdown seemed
to have errors.  I would not have expected updates (which had been
authorized) to need to be deferred until after the actual login.  Yet
that is the only thing I can think of that would have caused any
failures and/or audible warnings.

Larry